Friday, May 28, 2010

Getting poked

So today I had my shot in the morning, a session of acupuncture where she inserted needles at 16 points on my body and then had to give myself my shots tonight. Needless to say I have learned the resilience of my skin to getting poked by sharp objects and I am becoming fairly desensitized.

My accupuncture session this morning was really good, it has been over a year since I have been able to go, so it was a great feeling to be back. I am working with a new practitioner and she told me that overall my body seemed very balanced, in spite of all the activity happening in my body. The points she did today were pretty easy except for my right ankle/calf area that didn't really hurt, but was very sensitive and easily tweaked. She explained at the end of the session it was connected to the spleen that is very close to the uterus and probably feeling some sensitivity due to the fertility activity.

I go back tomorrow for an ultrasound and blood work to determine when my retrieval will be scheduled, probably on Monday. I'll post another update once I learn more. Happy Holiday weekend to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment