Monday, May 31, 2010

Nothing says holiday weekend like IVF treatments

This weekend is traditionally the summer opener for me and kicks off the fun of the season. This year was a little different in that the weekend was book-ended by IVF appointments. We had to stick around on Saturday to do a final check-in where 6 mature eggs were id'd with a couple of smaller follicles seen. We departed directly afterwards for the Lake and enjoyed our time until we came back at 6:00 AM today for a 8:30 AM appointment for the retrieval. Overall it went fine, but it took the nurses 3X in 3 places to get the IV in and the sedation was only somewhat effective during the procedure, so I was alert during the process. 5 eggs were retrieved, which is good but 6 or 7 would have been better.

I didn't get the call about the fertilization success, but I should find out tomorrow. I feel a lot more sore and groggy than the first time having a retrieval, but I took it easy today and hope tomorrow I will feel back to normal. If the doctors decide to do a 3 day transfer, then that will happen on Thursday. Then I have to wait 10 days for a pregnancy test, which would be 6/13. It would be a great birthday present!

2 comments:

  1. We're thinking of the two of you...sending lots of love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody really needs to buy you a latte and deliver it to you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete