Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sharing this blog

Please feel free to share this site with anyone that you think would be interested. Infertility is a very difficult process, especially since there are many unknowns and little public knowledge about it. I know from my experience it can be very lonely, but there are many people going through it, so you just have to find them and talk to them. I have also started being much more open with my family and friends since they want to support us, but don't understand or have any experience with it. Hence the creation of this blog and having more frank conversations with people.

I'm still trying to figure out how to talk to neighbors, co-workers and acquaintances about it. I saw my long-time neighbor yesterday while walking the dog and stopped to chat for a bit (spring is here so everyone has to catch up from over the long,cold winter!) He told me they just had a baby in February and that she arrived a bit early, but everyone is now doing great. We talked about the difficulties of apartment living with kids and he explained they would probably rent their place to move into a bigger house. I said we were also trying to start our family and may do the same with our apartment. He then went to tell me how I should send G out partying more and that's how they got pregnant. I explained that we have been trying for awhile, so it might take more than a good drunken night for G to make that happen. He wished me luck and told me to research some "pills" his sister took and now has a beautiful baby. It made me think of Jack and the Bean Stalk, how I wish there was magic pills to give us a baby! But I then realized that I should think of all my lovely shots like magic serums and maybe that would lighten the process. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment